Saturday, February 12, 2011

GIFTS FOR BABY

When my sister found out she was pregnant I was so excited to be able to make some things for a baby.   Since I didn't start sewing until about 2 1/2 years ago I never got to make my little guys stuff when they were itty bitty.  I had intentions to post about these things as they were completed but with the Holiday right in the midst of it all I kinda forgot. 

With help from my SIL, Rachel, and my sister's bestie, Tracy, we had a lovely baby shower.  Complete with lots of great food, a fun game and wonderful people.


Yummy mint cookie chocolate cupcakes (recipe here)

White chocolate Chex Mix with M&M's...I couldn't get enough of this stuff!

The chocolate fountain was a favorite!

I threw together this fun little decoration idea that is also useful!


Diaper cake
I ended up making a ton of stuff for my new nephew.  I couldn't help myself.  If I had more time I would have made more!   I forgot to take pics of a patchwork minkee blanket and cute little "tie" onesie but here are most of the gifts I made.

Ruffily burp cloths
Custom Diaper Bag
PDF pattern purchased from Watermelon Wishes on Etsy



complete with stroller straps

I changed/added only few things on the diaper bag.  And, of course, all diaper bags need a matching changing pad.  This one is wipeable and has a pocket for a couple of diapers and a wipes case.


clear pouch for small items

Since all of the other boys have monster shirts I just had to make one for Connor too! 


And a reversible nursing cover for Mommy.

I added a small pocket for baby's binky
And, my favorite, a quilt for baby Connor (48" x 48")



 I also appliqued these "bigger" and "biggest" brother shirts for 2 of nephews.  They went really well with the "little" brother and "big" brother shirts my sister found for Connor and the smallest of his 3 big brothers :)


I already plans to make him more stuff!  I just need to find the time :)

Do you have any fun ideas for baby gifts?

Smiles
~Beth

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I'll let you plan my baby shower, complete with all the gifts. I am nice like that :). Looks super cute Beth! GJ!

Regina said...

Wow those are all great!