Monday, February 21, 2011

CELEBRATING THE BOY!

Being a mom to 3 sons makes it challenging when trying to come up with fun stuff to make them.  Could you imagine all of the wonderfully cute and ruffily things I would make if I had a daughter...sigh.  Ok, I digress.  Well, I am not the only one that finds it difficult (thank goodness!).  Dana of MADE and Rae of Made by Rae have dedicated 30 days to Celebrate the Boy!  Every day each of them will have a fun "boy" idea to share with us so be sure to check their blogs often.  Some ideas are theirs and some from guest bloggers (a great way to find new creative blogs!).  Here are a couple of the things I have made using their tutorials so far.

President's Day shirt tutorial found here.
I used knit fabric instead of painting George onto the shirt and I used my Silhouette for the words.  It actually says "okay, okay, I chopped it down" but it was 35 degrees outside when I took this pic and didn't notice you couldn't see the "I"...oops.  If you live in the US, Happy President's Day!

I am also working on these fun comfy pants for Adam.

Pieced jersey pants tutorial found here.
These are made of old t~shirts so they were free!  The only thing I did different is that I used the bottom hem of one of the shirts for the hem at the bottom of the pants.  You don't have to hem them but since the work was already done for me I figured why not use it.  That way I can let the hem out as he grows and they will fit longer.  I will also use 1~inch elastic for the top of the pants rather than a drawstring since Adam hasn't quite mastered tieing yet.   Adam loves them and my 10-year old has already requested a pair of his own.  Thanks to Kojo Designs for this great tute!

Today, both blogs have guest bloggers with "monster" tutorials.  We LOVE monsters at our house so I am sure it will be no surprise when I tell you that I am planning to make both of these projects found here and here

Do you have any "boy" project ideas?  I would love to hear them!

Smiles
~Beth

No comments: