Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BLOCK-A-PALOOZA BLOCKS 2 & 3

Whoo hoo!  I finished blocks 2 & 3 of the Blogger's Block-a-palooza quilt along.  Block 2 was created by Elizabeth of Oh, Fransson!  After cutting and piecing lots and lots of 2" squares, here is what my "Word Search Block" looks like.


Due to some seam allowance issues (my oops!) and the required squaring of each 9 patch block before sewing them all together, it's a little wonky.  It turned out the right size so that's good.  I still really love the way it turned out and I am sure that once the quilt is all put together it won't be nearly as noticable (at least hopefully not to my Grandma!). 

Block #3 is by Amanda over at Sasikirana Handmade.  It's called the ‘Shoofly Geese’ block.  I changed the middle (yellow) fabric.  Still not sure about it. Hopefully the colors will all come together when all of the blocks are complete.


Thanks to Elizabeth and Amanda for the great tutorials for these blocks!  I am learning alot!

Smiles
~Beth

No comments: