Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK: GIFT 3

Today the boys were asked to wear their teacher's favorite color to school...green. 


A fellow 5th-grade parent came up with the idea of making a shirt for Mrs. T to wear as well (thanks, Patsy!).  I absolutely loved the idea and happily offered to make a shirt for her.


I loved the way it turned out so I made one for all of the boys' teachers!



I purchased the shirts at Hobby Lobby and prewashed them before I got started.  I used heat transfer t-shirt vinyl that I had on hand (ordered from Expressions Vinyl).  And, of course, I use my Silhouette to cut the vinyl shapes.  I hope they like them as much as I do!

Don't worry if you don't have a Silhouette, you can still easily make a shirt like this by using printable heat transfer sheets (also found at your local craft store), scissors and some clip art. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Smiles
~Beth

*So happy to have received an e-mail from Sam's 2nd grade teacher this morning saying "I have to tell you - I LOVE my t-shirt.  It is my favorite shirt of all time.  I am changing into it my first chance today and I will wear it until I wear it out!  Thank you so much!".  You're welcome, Mrs. W!  You deserve SO much more!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

They turned out super cute! I bet they loved them! :-)

bethanndodd said...

Thanks, Jamie :)