Sunday, May 8, 2011

BEING A MOTHER

I always knew I wanted to be a Mother.  I looked forward to cuddling a newborn in my arms, staring into my child's eyes, hearing "mama" for the first time and kissing boo~boos away.  The thought of getting up at night, changing diapers and getting peed on occasionally (with 3 boys, it's inevitable!) didn't bother me at all.  What I didn't know then was that I would fall in love with each of children.  Not the way I fell in love with their Dad but in a way I can't explain with words (if you are a Mom, I am sure you know what I mean).  Over the last (almost) 11 years I have realized that being a Mom is both the hardest and most rewarding role I will ever play in my life.  It hasn't always been as easy as just kissing the boo~boos away and there have definately been some challenges along the way but being a Mother is best feeling in the world (well, for me it is)!

Thanks to my wonderful husband for making me a Mother, to my Mom for showing me the way it's done and to my 3 little men for being the 3 biggest accomplishments of my life!

We wish all the Mothers reading this a very happy Mother's Day!


Smiles
~Beth

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Beautiful said, I have two boys and they have grown up to be fine young men. They take good care of me.

Stephie said...

Lovely bblog you have