Thursday, May 5, 2011

TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK: GIFT 4

Happy Thursday!  We are still celebrating our Teachers!  Today's theme is "donate a book for the classroom".  Such a great idea!  I wasn't sure what kinds of books the teachers needed to I was going to get them gift cards.  The boys weren't happy about that idea so we headed to the book store and I let each of them pick a new book to donate.  It was so much fun watching them pick out books for their classrooms.  They were so excited.  You woulda thought I took them to the candy store! 

Although I really LOVE the idea of giving a book to the class I still wanted to do a little something just for the teachers.  I have also been wanting to try my hand at etching glass.  I put both thoughts together and came up with this...

I had to put some fabric in the glass so you could see the monogram better.

I bought a 4-pack of glass tumblers at Target, grabbed some glass etching cream at Michael's and put my Silhouette to work for me once again.

Paired with a favorite drink, I think the boys' teachers will enjoy this little something.


You could also make these for each member of your family or give a full set as a wedding/shower gift.  Oh, the possibilities!

Smiles
~Beth 

3 comments:

Katy Lautzenhiser said...

Great idea, Beth! You are so very creative:)

bethanndodd said...

Thank you, Katy!!!

Autumn Halterman said...

What a great idea Beth! You are so creative! I am taking notes. (hope you don't mind) I'm sure the boys' teachers loved them!!