Tuesday, November 15, 2011

WINTER DINO HAT {FOR MY LITTLE GUY}

It's starting to feel a little more like Fall around here.  With the colder weather coming I thought it was time to make my little guy a new warm hat. 

The bottom scale isn't really all crumpled...guess I should have fixed that, oops!
I followed this great tutorial by Christine at From an Igloo, thanks Christine!  It has been in my favorites and then moved to one of my Pinterest boards for awhile now.  I love that it easily covers his ears and the back of his neck so I don't have to worry about him being warm enough at recess.  It went together so quickly that I may just make him another one but maybe a monster version...we love monsters around here! 
 (The only thing I did differently to the hat was to add a tacking stitch in the top of the hat to help keep both layers together while taking it off his head.)

In case your wondering, my little guy LOVES it!

He is such a goofball!

Happy Tuesday!
Smiles~Beth
 
Linking up to:
 
 
HookingupwithHoH

3 comments:

Kristie said...

What a cute kid!!

Mrsblocko said...

I need one of these hats! Hats always sneak off my ears when I'm out in the cold shoveling snow.

Thanks for posting the tutorial you used. I'm going to have to make one of these sooner rather than later!!!

Melissa said...

Ohhh, super cute! I want one :)