Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MAKING SCHOOL SUPPLIES A LITTLE MORE FUN

With the boys starting school (tomorrow!!) I have been busy making sure they have all of their school supplies.  A few of the basics were a little too blah so we dressed them up a bit.

We couldn't find any cool boy pencil pouches so I picked up a couple of these at Wal~Mart for .79 cents (what a deal!!).


I added some vinyl cutouts (I used my Silhouette but you could use an exacto knife to create something similar) and voila, we ended up with these 'boy approved' pencil pouches...pretty cool!


We had so much fun making those that we decided to dress these up their art boxes too!  We started with this...


And with the help of some fabric, ribbon and LOTS of hot glue we ended up these...


Perfect for all of their art supplies!


We actually got this idea from my creative neighbor, Jamie.  Thanks, Jamie!!!

Do you have any fun ideas for dressing up school supplies?  I would love to hear about them!

Smiles
~Beth

1 comment:

Shanea said...

I love the vinyl pouches. Makes going back to school a bit better :)