Friday, October 28, 2011

BLOGGERS' QUILT FESTIVAL::FALL 2011

It's that time again! The Bloggers' Quilt Festival:: Fall 2011 is in full swing over at Amy's Creative Side. If you don't know what the BQF is you really should go over and check it out.  I am officially warning you though, be prepared to be there a while. With so many beautiful and inspirational quilts to look at you may want to grab a snack and a favorite drink first ;)

For those of you that are visiting from the BQF, WELCOME!  This time around I am featuring the quilt I made for my Grandma Carol.  It's not newly finished but I am just getting around to giving it to her.

Fabric is Spa by Rosemarie Lavin for Windham Fabrics and Robert Kaufman's Kona Cotton in Bone
Sorry for the dark photo...the picture above this one shows truer colors

I chose fabrics that would coordinate with her new furniture...who knew she was so modern?!  She requested something soft and warm for the back so I used a brown solid flannel by Robert Kaufman and I kept the quilting to a minimum so it would stay nice and cozy for her. 

I will be giving it to her this weekend...finally!  It was supposed to be a present for her birthday but that was in February (horrible, I know!).  Hope it will be worth her wait! 

A big thanks to Amy for hosting the Bloggers' Quilt Festival. I don't know how she found the time to organize this for us so soon after the Sewing Summit.  She is such an inspiration to  me (seriously, have you seen her book?).

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment.  I would love to here from you!  Hope you visit again soon.

Smiles~Beth




28 comments:

Sarah said...

Your grans quilt is really pretty (and modern!)
I'm feeling your late quilt gift pain, I've got one thats running 6 month late lol

Mary said...

very pretty- such a calm color scheme. Cute blog btw!

trish said...

Your quilt is fabulous!! :o)

Vicki said...

I love this! What a unique design, haven't seen a lot of quilts on point on the blogs lately. :)

Carla said...

Your grandmother is going to love such an awesome quilt!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautifully done. the colours and patterns work well together.

Mom said...

love the quilt!

Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

Lovely and lucky grandma! Nice simple quilting, too! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Kathy said...

I'm sure she's gonna love it no matter when she gets it. I love the color scheme!

Jody Sanders said...

I love it, the fabrics, sewing, and pattern are so perfect together. Putting it on my "must do" list.

Anonymous said...

Lovely choice of fabrics! Beautiful quilt!

Shari said...

Did you know that giving a quilt within 12 months of it's intended special day is considered 'on time?' Well - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm sure she is going to just love this very charming quilt.

Marika said...

Very nice work thanks for the quilt for division.

Kit Lang said...

VERY pretty quilt - thanks for sharing.

And I love your blog header!

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous quilt. Your fabrics work really well in this design. A lovely gift!

Lisa said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I've used that block pattern before but never thought to put it on point. And the colours are so cosy.

Shevvy said...

I've never seen this fabric before and this design sets it off wonderfully.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Very pretty. Love the blues and browns together being offset by the white.

Rebecka said...

Your quilt is so fresh looking. I love brown and aqua togeter! She is going to love her Birthday gift!!

Kristie said...

You have one hip grandma, Beth! The colors and pattern of this quilt are just beautiful. I am sure it will be treasured!

Carla said...

I am sure your quilt will be loved for years. Nice colours too.

Staci said...

Love that your grandma is so stylish. The quilt is beautiful, and I'm sure she will treasure it. Thanks for sharing the story.

Little Island Quilting said...

Lovely quilt.

Shanea said...

I just love this one, the colors and the design are so me :) I am sure that it is well loved!

Robin said...

Such a beautiful quilt! The brown flannel backing sounds just perfect. I hope your grandmother loves it! :)

Maureen T. said...

Your quilt is very cool! Love the blue, brown and white together.

Martha said...

This is one of my favorite quilts so far...just goes to show that it's the fabrics you choose and that it doesn't have to be a complicated pattern to be stunning. I am so jealous of your grandmother...thank you for sharing.

Weaveron Textile said...

this quilts is more simple and fantastic.