Thursday, February 23, 2012

DR SEUSS SHIRT {TEMPLATE}

Dr. Seuss books are a favorite in our house.   I could on and on about them but I am sure you already know how great they are ;)

When I realized the author's birthday was coming up (March 2) I knew I wanted to help celebrate the day with a special shirt for Adam to wear to school.

Add caption
Wanna make one too?  There is no sewing required :)
Please read entire post before beginning
Here is what you will need:
Shirt (got ours at The Children's Place)
1/4 yard of white fabric (you will have extra)
1/8 yard or scraps of red fabric
Wonder Under (available at most craft stores)
Heat n' Bond fusible stabilizer (optional, I didn't use any on this shirt)
 Scissors
Iron
Pencil
Black Thread (optional)
Templates (below)
Paper (I used cardstock)

When printing the templates be sure to right click on the pictures, save them to your computer, then open your saved version and print.

Add caption


After you have printed your templates, cut them out and follow these instructions

FYI~I ironed the white fabric to the shirt first and then ironed the red pieces right on top.

If you decide not to zigzag stitch around the pieces, don't worry, it will still look great (and it won't take as long!).



I would love to know if you make one!! 

Feel free to ask any questions in the comments and I will reply asap.

Linking up to:

Smiles~Beth

5 comments:

Eric VanRaepenbusch said...

That is a cute shirt! It would be great for kids to wear for Dr. Seuss's birthday. If you are interested, I would love to have you post a link to this post on my blog, Happy Birthday Author. We are getting ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday and would love to have you.

http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

Heather said...

So cute! Gotta love Dr. Seuss... :o)

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Really cute and easy. If I had a kid in school, I would do this pattern!

Unknown said...

So cute this is

PinUp your Interest !! At: pinup3.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I used it to make 2 for my pre k grandsons and I made one of their teachers one. They all loved them.