Monday, April 11, 2011

A FORT KIT, ANOTHER BAG & A SHIRT

It's no secret that I am a BIG fan of Celebrate the Boy month hosted by MADE and Made by Rae.  You can see some of the things I have made using tutorials from Celebrate the Boy here, here and here.  

When my littlest monster was invited to a birthday party last week I new just the gift to make...the Fort building Kit.  I found the idea during Celebrate the Boy month over at Saltwater Kids.  


I love this idea for a gift (thanks Saltwater Kids!).  It's fun, personalized and encourages imaginative play!  What's not to love?!  I found most of the items at the $ store, except for the twin flat sheets.  I bought those new at a department store (I had a great coupon!).  I used an old t-shirt of my husband's for the ties on the sheets.  I used colored denim for the bag.  And, of course, I just had to use my Silhouette to personalize the gift.  The birthday boy LOVES hockey so I put a hockey player on the front of the bag.  I also put his name on the flashlight.  Ya know, in case his brother tries to say it's his ;).

The party was at a Mavericks (a local CHL hockey team) game.  We were asked to wear orange to help support the team.  Adam (aka littlest monster) didn't have an orange shirt so I bought a new one and added a little something to it (I used my Silhouette, of course). 


The party was a lot of fun & to make it even better the Mavericks won...whoo hoo!!!  If you live in the Kansas City area and haven't been to a game yet, you really should go.  They are in the 2nd round of playoffs so the games are sure to be good. 

Happy Monday!

Smiles
~Beth