Sunday, April 10, 2011

FUN BAG FOR A BOY

Making bags is alot of fun.  I like that I can usually whip one up in an afternoon and that they can be as simple or as detailed as I want.  When my boys are invited to a girls birthday party I usually make them a cute bag/purse and put a few little goodies inside like bubble gum and some lip gloss.  They are always so happy to have something that was made just for them.  I have found that it is harder to come up with good handmade gift ideas for boys.  In comes Celebrate the Boy month.  I have posted previously about it here.  If you aren't familiar with Celebrate the Boy or haven't ever been over to MADE & Made by Rae you are in for a treat.  Be sure to grab yourself a little snack and beverage first though.  You may easily get caught up looking at all of their beautiful pictures and fantastic tutorials. 

I found 2 really great bag tutorials and put them to use recently.  (I also found the Peek~a~boo bag tutorial by Make it Perfect during Celebrate the Boy, she was a guest blogger).
Retro Duffel bag by Saltwater Kids

I made this Retro Duffel Bag for a friend of my son (monster #2).  It came together rather quickly.  I only changed a couple of things 1. I used belting for the handles rather than making my own (saved on time)  2. I used my Silhouette to add the "R" on the front to make it a little more personal.  I didn't have time to put together a fort kit like suggested on SaltwaterKids blog (aren't those pics of her boys great!!!?) so we gave him a little $ to go along with it.  8-year olds like money, right?

I will post about the other tutorial tomorrow (hint~it includes the fort kit!).

Smiles
~Beth

1 comment:

Regina said...

That's awesome! It makes me want to get a silhouette too.