Friday, July 1, 2011

AMERICAN FLAG ART {A 4th OF JULY KIDS CRAFT}

I saw this adorable red, white & blue craft idea over at Creative Kristi. My boys are getting older and sometimes roll their eyes when I ask them to assist in crafts but I couldn't pass this one up.  

Fortunately there weren't any huffs, puffs or rolled eyes during the making of this American Flag
  
I even got the boys to pose with their OOAK artwork.


 Perfect for a mantle or on our front porch.

Sorry for the bad photo...the sun was setting so the shadows are awful
and I really should have cleaned our storm door...yikes!!
I absolutely LOVE how it turned out (paint splatter and all!).
FYI~I used a 16x20 canvas so I could get it out and admire those feet and hands every year.  Plus, I needed it to be big enough to accomodate those big feet!  My boys are 11, 8 & 5  in case you are trying to figure out how big of a canvas you will need for your little ones fingers and toes.  I have no doubt you could fit quite a few more prints on there if you have younger children.  I also used acrylic paint from a local craft store.  It dried quickly and washed off easily. 

Are you working on any red, white & blue projects this weekend?

I am linking up at Tatertots and Jello.  Go check out all of the other great inspiration!
Smiles
~Beth

5 comments:

JustPam said...

That is adorable. I sent this idea to my daughter to do with her kids

teri@thefreshmancook said...

This is so creative, and what a wonderful keepsake. So, so cute!! I saw you at the Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello. I'm so glad I found your site.
Thanks for a great blog!

Jenny said...

I am RUNNING to the store to make this TODAY. Sooo cute! Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Did this yesterday! Thanks for the tips. You can see my version on my blog at www.lovebeinginthekitchen.blogspot.com.

Tracy Biermann said...

That is such a great idea!! Love it!