Friday, July 8, 2011

A GIFT FOR TEACHER & A FABRIC CARD

I know it's summer time but I honestly just got this end~of~school gift sent off to the boys' teachers (such a slacker!).  Thought I would share it now so you can get your cameras ready for when school starts next month.  I don't know about you but summer seems to be going by way to fast around here!


During the school year I took pictures at school holiday parties and field trips.  I also snatched a photo of each student.  At the end of the school year I asked each student to tell me what their favorite part of being in that teacher's class was.  Each child has their own page.  I added a couple of pages in the middle of random pics and at the end I included a poem about Teachers.  The front cover of the book is a class picture I had taken during the year and the back cover is a picture I took of my son with his teacher on the first day of school (ya know, so she doesn't forget who the book is from).

I sent this simple fabric card along with the photo book and mailed it off.


You can easily make your own with some card stock (I used blank cards I picked up at Michael's) and a piece of scrap fabric.  Just cut your scrap fabric to the same size as the front of your card (mine is approximately 3" x 5") and then attach it to your card with a glue stick.  (Optional~I used a 1/4" seam and sewed a straight line around the card).  Super easy, cute and personal.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope you have a super fun Friday!

Smiles
~Beth

No comments: