Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DR SEUSS QUILT~FINISHED!!

Okay, so some of you already know that I finished my Dr. Seuss quilt last week but I said I would post better pics of it so here they are.  Plus, it is just so darn fun & colorful I couldn't help but post about it again. It is already a favorite in our house :)

 

I used just about every print from the Celebrate Seuss line by Robert Kaufman.  I also threw a Lorax print or two in there.  Each wonky block measures roughly 10 1/4" square.  (You can find my wonky block tutorial here).


For the back I cut up a panel from the same line & bordered each scene with coordinating fabric.  I used Kona cotton by Robert Kaufman in Turquoise, Snow and a red from my stash to help showcase these adorable snippets.  I may just like the back more than the front!

 I used a black & white stripe for the binding (purchased at Hobby Lobby).  I decided to machine stitch the binding onto the front for this one.  Knowing it is going to get alot of use by my 3 monsters I figured that would be best.


I love how this one turned out. It is truly a quilt for both the young and old in our house. 

One last picture of one of my favorite blocks.


A big thanks to my neighbors for letting me borrow their swingset for these fun photos :)

Hope you have a splendid day!

Smiles~Beth

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Love it... and what a pretty setting. :-) Too bad you didn't forget that wonderful thing on my swingset I would have given it a nice home. :-) heehee
btw... is this for you or for someone else?

Kat said...

I love this quilt more and more every time I see it. The back is *fabulous*!!

Sooli said...

What a great quilt. Lots of colour! Love your binding choice too.

WoolenSails said...

What a fun quilt and love the Dr. Seuss, great design to go with them.

Debbie

Siobhán said...

That is such a pretty, happy quilt! Great job--you chose a great pattern for the prints.

Dr. Seuss = happy memories for me. :)