Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BLOCK-A-PALOOZA TIME!

I have always wanted to join a quilt along and I am so excited to be participating in the first Bloggers' Block-a-palooza


John from Quilt Dad has organized this quilt along and I couldn't be more excited to see all of the blocks that his guest bloggers have come up with.   I frequently visit most of their blogs already so I can honestly tell you that they are very talented!   Each week we will complete 2 new blocks.  I will be posting my progress each week and would love it if you would join us in the fun. 

The first block was designed by John, he calls it the Flying Over Fields block.  You find out how to make your own here.  It was my first time making flying geese and I have to say, there are alot of cuts but John made it easy to put together.  I am being boring and using the same colors and prints as all of the bloggers.  It's not very creative but it will ensure I get all the blocks done on time since I don't have to think too hard about it.  Here is my first finished block.


Can you see the flying geese?



Don't worry, I don't either.  They look like triangles and squares to me.  Anywho, that's what they are called in the quilting world so that's what they are.  I think the block turned out very nicely and I am looking forward to seeing block #2 on Thursday.  Hope you will come back to see that one as well.  If you are making your own I would love to see your blocks or you can post them on the Block-a-palooza Flickr group.  There are lots of great fabric combos to see over there!

Smiles
~Beth

No comments: