Monday, January 24, 2011

CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Yay for completing my One Thing, One Week challenge!  My goal was to do the quilting on my nephew's baby quilt (he is due to arrive Feb.4 my sister is at the hospital right now...I am so excited!!-UPDATE-she was sent home so no baby yet!).  I did a simple straight line quilting through the blocks, alternating 1 line then 2 lines. 

quilt top

quilt back

Since I went with something so simple I was also able to get the binding cut, pieced and ironed.  Now, just to get it on the quilt!


I also made a few other things last week.  This little monster shirt was for one of my nephews.  It was a special request for his 6th birthday...such a sweetie.

I just had to give him big brown eyes like my nephew's :)

And these little onesies.  A special request from a friend.


Oh, and this mug rug that I gave away to one of my readers...congrats dooddles!


You can see what everyone else completed on Amy's blog, Amy's Creative Side.  I love her challenges...thanks, Amy!  What have you been creating? 

Be sure to come back tomorrow to see my first block for the Block-a-Palooza quilt-along (I hope I get it done!).  I am so excited!

Smiles
~Beth

8 comments:

Cindy Jo said...

I love they baby quilt. Talk about just in the nick of time!

Melinda said...

That quilt is wonderful! The onesies too!

Marci Girl said...

I love all your projects you completed, great job! The monster shirt is so cute!

Lisa said...

Beth- you rock!!!1 I love the onesies! Thank you!

Brenda said...

You did a great job on all your finishes!

Julie Fukuda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I love that baby quilt and see you got a lot more done than I.

Suzanne said...

Congrats on your finish. I love your mug rug.

Robin said...

Wow! You had a productive week! Congrats on your challenge finish. I love the quilt-- simple and oh, so happy. :)